30 October 2008

Jacob had a banner day!

Lots of progress for Jacob today.
--He hit 4lbs 1oz
--He graduated from a temperature controlled isollette into a regular basinette
--He moved from 3 or 4 feeds by mouth to 6 of 8 feeds by mouth
--He increased his feedings from 37cc to 40cc per feeding

His doctor is very impressed with the rate of progress he is making, and even (cautiously) predicted that we could possibly have Jacob home as early as the end of next week if he continues at his current rate.

He'll get to sport his first real clothing now that he's out of the isolette. Since he prefers to be "free" to wiggle when he's being held and fed, I'm allowed to put some actual clothes on him to help him stay warm when he'd otherwise be wrapped up in a nice cozy bundle.

Guess that means I should go find him something to wear....I planned on having a big baby so we didn't get much in the way of NEWBORN or PREEMIE sized clothes!